Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last Fling of the Summer


These are out of sequence, but I wanted to have one picture showing that the firewood I tried to pick up was "too much attached"!

Fly fisherman, Ed and his gear, which includes a custom made fish net that my son Paul and I gave Ed for Xmas last year.

Well, Ed and Jabez (dog) and I went camping this weekend for one last fling of the summer. Ed needed to get in some premium float tube time. This photo was to show the lake we stayed near, and the many mountain ranges behind it.

Jabez and I wandered the hillsides exploring. There are many tall, bare trees where we go camping, and also many mossy covered trees.


The fall colors were out, as well as the usual summer annuals, mostly lupine.

There is a dragonfly in the center of this shot, but I was really interested in the pattern of light in the water.

Here is Jabez content. She had at least 5 walks a day!

This is what one looks like after fly fishing!

The danger of mistaking a cooking aid for bug repellant is shown here. After a while we just got used to saying things like, "Are the eggs sticking to the pan? Just put a little bug spray on it!

We were on top of the world. We were at the crests of all the mountains. It was a beautiful weekend.

The lake, as viewed from our camp spot.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Too much attached!!! I will NEVER live that one down!