Monday, September 13, 2010

Fence Art


My sculptural garden art is also presented two-dimensionally. I call these pieces fence buttons. They hang on a fence or wall, for people who don't have garden space. I have an idea for another
style of art to hang on a fence.

I made large beads that are about 3-4 inches wide and about that tall.

More beads, a more basic shape.

Much smaller beads. The holes in them are for a wire to be passed through them.

These beads are glazed and waiting to be fired.

This is the beginning of a design. The beads are strung on copper wire and curled to keep the beads in place. I will publish the end product in 1 week.

1 comment:

jhon said...

I spent some time this weekend building a fence to protect my vegetable garden from rabbits. Two years ago I lost all my peas and a few more plants to baby rabbits and I have decided not to let that happen again. Do not get me wrong I think rabbits are cute, but I do not like to feed them with my garden!!
fence contractors las cruces nm