Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting The Work Done























It is pre-season for art shows. What I do this time of year is get ready. That includes applying for art shows, and photographing artwork. Since this is tax time, my husband/grunt/manager did a study that showed us which events are the most beneficial to my business. We discovered that the weekly market that we have attended for 5 years, may not be time that well spent. I am required to be away from the studio for one day, which affects production. We decided that this year I would be better prepared at shows if I have one more day in the studio. Getting ready also includes some things that I don't enjoy that much, like computer-time to complete on-line applications and reviewing articles that I subscribe to.





































I also exercise before I start working in clay. I am walking three miles a day on the treadmill. It helps my back and shoulders, and I follow that regimin with exercises designed to strengthen my upper back. This helps prevent stiffness and achiness after a day in the studio.

No comments: