Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hawaii Day 2


Well, these pics are on the way to the aquarium at the far end of Waikiki. We walked along the beach and took shots of interesting things we saw. We stood on a pier and got these. Then we walked to the Aquarium.

The fish were in a nice cool building. they are so colorful. I like viewing them this way than going under water to see them!

I thought of Paul and his aquarium. It is much easier (I assume) to get the environment for the fish here due to the light and available sea water to exchange.

There were many more interesting fish that we saw.

Outside the aquarium, there were a few sculptures. This one is by Jun Kaneko. It was a thrill for me to put my hand on it, which I couldn't have done at an art museum!

People were surfing and pole surfing, which I had never seen before. They just stand on the boards and paddle around. It looks fun to me, except that if you fall in the water, there will be various fish swimming around you.

This is a canopy of a monkey tree. There are many huge trees.

Rubber tree.

Local bird nest. It was easy to find. I just found the dirty side of a park bench and looked up!

Another sausage tree. Ed and I are so fascinated with all the amazing plants, that we bought a small book to take around so we can identify them.

You know, those house plants that we find so difficult to grow in Idaho.

No comments: