Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hawaii - Days Seven and Eight


Ed had meetings in the AM. We didn't tour this day.
Thursday I took a free bus into Waikiki by myself and found a cute dress, after trying on very many dresses. I discovered that having pancakes for breakfast Every Day is not a good diet to live on.

After Ed's meeting were done we went for the opening of the meeting for NPMA. We were treated to a performance of a young lady who plays the Ukulele in a very unusual way. Her style is playful and she melts different melodies together. Her music was played with a lot of energy. I thought it was interesting that her Uke had 8 strings and made me think of a mandolin, but the two instruments are tuned differently.

Then we went to our room for our afternoon glass of wine. All our dinners will be discussed on my cooking blog.

No comments: